Lately, blueberries have become very fashionable because of the delicious taste they have and because of the excellent properties of their composition. These properties are beneficial to the human body and are very easy to include in any diet.
Benefits of Blueberries:
- Cancer. Researchers have shown that the use of blueberries helps the body to fight the proliferation of cancer cells, when they are in small numbers and without harming other cells. They have in their composition resveratrol and gallic acid which are responsible for giving us this wonderful benefit.
- Antioxidants. Blueberries have many antioxidants in their composition and one of the most important is proanthocyanidins, because they have anti-inflammatory properties in their composition, being very good when suffering from muscle pain, stiffness or fibromyalgia. In addition to this, they can also help delay the aging of the cells of the human body, so they will help us to eliminate the free radicals from the skin and all organs. Because of this we will have a more beautiful, healthier and rejuvenated skin.
- Neuroprotective agents. Because blueberries have antioxidant properties, these agents also function as neuroprotective agents. Due to these aspects, they can help prevent cognitive deterioration and prevent degenerative diseases. These diseases can be: Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. Gallic acid, which is in the blueberry composition, prevents oxidation of brain cells and increases cognitive function. Scientists have shown that they improve memory and stimulate learning.
- Fiber. They are very high in fiber, and this is very beneficial to the human body. It helps regulate the intestinal circulation and is effective in cases of constipation. In addition to all this, it gives us the health we need. Fiber reduces body fat through low caloric content.
- Diabetes. The specialists have shown that the consumption of blueberries helps to improve the sensitivity of obese people resistant to insulin.
How to Include Blueberries in your Food
Blueberries can be easily included in your diet because it is a versatile fruit. It is advisable to consume it in its natural state. You can consume it by including it in a milkshake or prepare a blueberry jam, in the salad adding a few dried fruits, blueberries, carrots and healthy blueberries.