This is the main resolution of 2020 and millions of people are planning to quit smoking. I am convinced that this is one of the most difficult long-term achievements. To try to motivate yourself to this end, try to keep in mind the reasons why you should do it, as they will help you gain strength from weakness.
When you feel the urge to light a cigarette, you just have to think that you can resist the temptation. Quitting smoking will reduce your risk of getting sick and dying prematurely. And the younger you quit, the better your chances of staying healthy. E.g:
- You can avoid lung cancer and other cancers because the risks will be much lower
- Besides avoiding cancer, you also reduce the chances of coronary heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease
- when you smoke you also have difficulty breathing. These can be: coughing, breathing or shortness of breath
- Reduce the risk of contracting and suffering from the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- If you are a woman, with smoking you can reduce the risk of infertility
- you will enjoy fresher breath, and the senses of taste and smell will accentuate. The overall health of the mouth will improve
- Ind one of the best reasons to quit smoking is to protect your family, and especially young children, from secondhand smoke, which can cause a lot of damage when you are sucked in
In this article I will give you some ideas to put into practice, to motivate you to give up. These are:
- First of all, you have to think about what went wrong in previous attempts. Analyze why they failed, and keep trying new methods until you find the one that works for you.
- In the second row, I recommend that you set a date to quit smoking and do not postpone it. Avoid having ashtrays around the house or something that can remind you of smoking.
- Avoid temptations, in short, stop by the smokers, and do not eat the food that causes you to do so and also remove coffee.
- Find people who will motivate you in your decision. If your family and friends know that your decision is serious, they will support you.
- Stress reduction is very important in making this decision. Talk to someone, go for a walk, exercise, read … Plan a pleasant activity for each day.